Since October of 2007, under the officiate of the prelate of the 1st Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction of Western PA, Bishop James M. Foster, Elder Herb Tillman was elected as the 7th shepherd of Coraopolis Church of God in Christ (COGIC). He was officially licensed and ordained an Elder in COGIC in August of 1993 under the late Bishop Gordan E. Vaughn, 1st prelate of the Western PA Jurisdiction. In November of 2006, he authored and accomplished the publishing of his 1st personal helps book entitled, “Man-Power, Dare to Discover Yourself”.
Since joining our Coraopolis church family, Pastor Herb has accomplished and added the following to its ministry:
- Changed the name of our ministry from Coraopolis COGIC to Coraopolis Abundant Life Ministries (C.A.L.M.) Church of God in Christ to redefine our ministry’s purpose as well as our spirit.
- Established a monthly Men’s and Women’s ministry named, “Man-Power” and “Heart-to-Heart”, respectively, to minister to the needs of each gender while understanding their roles in the kingdom and in relationships.
- Established a weekly Life Study biblical applications workshop to study, comprehend and to better manage the day-to-day struggles of life via biblical teaching and spiritual impartation.
- Dedicated an hour In His Presence prayer service to meet weekly to supplicate as well as to thank the Lord for His many blessings.
- Increased our community involvement by joining the West Hills Ministerium (a composite of six varying denominational ministries that meets monthly to determine the best means of meeting the needs of our surrounding community in an ecumenical fashion).
- Established a WWJD Clothes Ministry to clothe freely men, women and children that are in need of everyday attire.
- Co-sponsors our CALM youth ministry on the 2nd Tuesday night of each month entitled, “Hot Topic Tuesday” where young people are free to ask any question(s) concerning life or religion in general.
- Established an annual CALM COGIC Leadership Retreat to provide focus, direction and purpose for our ministry and our leaders.
Pastor Tillman is married to his loving wife of 27 years, Regina and together they have raised six children, three of whom were through foster care. They bring to the Coraopolis area a vision to unite the governing church bodies of Coraopolis and the surrounding areas for the sole purpose of providing direction to the lost and building “disciples in ministry” for the kingdom of God. Together, they purpose to provide a ministry of hope, healing and restoration to those who are both within and outside of the family of God. To all of this he says, “To God be the glory for we’ve only just begun… The best is yet to come!”